There are some limitations of Authorize.net payment gateway while processing recurring payments:
- You can only select weeks, months and years for Cycle Period.
- The process of placing an order is manual.
To process next order follow these steps:
- Login with admin credentials.
- Go to Administration section.
- Go to Sales > Recurring Payment, you will find the list of the recurring payments which includes customer, cycle length, cycle period, start date, next payment date, total cycles, remaining cycles etc.
- Click the Edit link in front of the customer for which you want to place order by checking the next payment date.
- You will see two tabs Recurring Payment Info and History, click the History tab.
- Then click Process Next Payment (Create a New order)” button to place order on behalf of that customer. Details about how recurring payment works (http://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/13795/authorizenet-recurring-support-manual.aspx)
Details about how recurring payment works here.
NOTE:: nopCommerce already uses ARB API. All recurring payments are automatically processed on Authorize.Net's side. But Authorize.Net does not notify nopCommerce store when a new payment is processed. That's why you have to manually click 'Process Next Payment (Create a New Order)' button in order to create a new order. It just places a new order without any call to Authorize ARB API web service because it's already processed on Authorize.net side.